Fenoprofen calcium is a type of medicine called a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
Fenoprofen calcium overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medication.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Fenoprofen, a prescription painkiller commonly used to relieve symptoms of arthritis
Note: This list may not be all-inclusive.
Seek immediate medical help. Do NOT make a person throw up unless told to do so by Poison Control or a health care professional.
Determine the following information:
The National Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) can be called from anywhere in the United States. This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.
This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
See: Poison control center - emergency number
The health care provider will measure and monitor the patient's vital signs, including temperature, pulse, breathing rate, and blood pressure. Symptoms will be treated as appropriate.
The patient may receive:
Taking too much of this medication is not usually a problem. You may have some pain in your stomach and vomiting (possibly with blood). Most people recover without any significant effects. However, significant internal bleeding is possible and death has been reported. A large overdose can cause serious damage to both children and adults.