Flurandrenolide TapeGeneric Name:
Flurandrenolide (flure-an-DREN-oh-lide)Brand Name:
Flurandrenolide Tape is used for:
Treating inflammation and itching due to certain skin conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Flurandrenolide Tape is a topical adrenocortical steroid. It works by reducing skin inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, and irritation) by a way that is not clearly understood.
Do NOT use Flurandrenolide Tape if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Flurandrenolide Tape
- the lesion to be treated is oozing or in a skin fold
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Flurandrenolide Tape:
Some medical conditions may interact with Flurandrenolide Tape. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines or other substances
- if you have any kind of skin infection, cuts, scrapes, or lessened blood flow to your skin
- if you have had a recent vaccination; have measles, tuberculosis (TB), chickenpox, or shingles; or have had a positive TB test
- if you are taking prednisone or similar medicines
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Flurandrenolide Tape. Because little, if any, of Flurandrenolide Tape is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Flurandrenolide Tape may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Flurandrenolide Tape:
Use Flurandrenolide Tape as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Flurandrenolide Tape comes with an additional patient leaflet. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Flurandrenolide Tape refilled.
- Wash your hands before and after using Flurandrenolide Tape, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Follow your doctor's instructions for cleaning the area to be treated before applying Flurandrenolide Tape. Gently clean the treated area to remove scales, crusts, and any previously used ointment or cream. Use a germicidal soap or cleanser to prevent the development of odor under the tape. Shave or clip any hair in the area to be treated to allow good contact with the skin and comfortable removal. If you bathe or shower before applying Flurandrenolide Tape, make sure the skin is completely dry before the tape is applied. Allow skin to dry for 1 hour before applying tape.
- Remove tape from package and cut a piece slightly larger than the area to be covered. Round off the corners.
- Pull white paper from the transparent tape, making sure the tape does not stick to itself.
- Apply tape and press into place, keeping the skin smooth.
- If the ends of the tape loosen before it is time to replace the tape, trim off the ends and replace them with fresh tape.
- Do not bandage or cover the treated skin area unless directed by your doctor. If your doctor instructs you to bandage or cover the treated area, closely follow the instructions provided by your doctor or other health care provider.
- If you miss a dose of Flurandrenolide Tape, apply it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Flurandrenolide Tape.
Important safety information:
- Flurandrenolide Tape is for external use only. Do not get Flurandrenolide Tape in your eyes. If contact is made with the eyes, flush them immediately with tap water.
- If Flurandrenolide Tape is applied to the diaper area, apply a very small amount and do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose, use Flurandrenolide Tape longer than prescribed, or apply Flurandrenolide Tape over a large area without checking with your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before having vaccinations while using Flurandrenolide Tape.
- Do not use Flurandrenolide Tape for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Flurandrenolide Tape contains a corticosteroid. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains hydrocortisone or any other corticosteroid. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Corticosteroids medicines may affect the growth rate in CHILDREN and adolescents in some instances. Your child's growth may need to be checked regularly while using Flurandrenolide Tape.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Flurandrenolide Tape during pregnancy. It is unknown if Flurandrenolide Tape is excreted in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are taking Flurandrenolide Tape, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Flurandrenolide Tape:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dryness; itching.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; burning, cracking, irritation, or peeling not present before you began using Flurandrenolide Tape; excessive hair growth; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; muscle weakness; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin; unusual weight gain, especially in the face.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include increased thirst or urination; muscle weakness; unusual weight gain, especially in the face.Proper storage of Flurandrenolide Tape:
Store Flurandrenolide Tape at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Flurandrenolide Tape out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Flurandrenolide Tape, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Flurandrenolide Tape is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Flurandrenolide Tape. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.