Geravine ElixirGeneric Name: Vitamins with Lipotropics
Examples include Geravine and Lysiplex
Geravine Elixir is used for:
Providing vitamins and certain other nutrients as a supplement to the diet. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Geravine Elixir is a combination of vitamins and lipotropic factors. It works by providing vitamins to the body. Exactly how the lipotropics work is unknown.
Do NOT use Geravine Elixir if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Geravine Elixir
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Geravine Elixir:
Some medical conditions may interact with Geravine Elixir. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have anemia
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Geravine Elixir. However, no specific interactions with Geravine Elixir are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Geravine Elixir may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Geravine Elixir:
Use Geravine Elixir as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Geravine Elixir with regard to food as directed on the package labeling or by your doctor.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Geravine Elixir, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Geravine Elixir.
Important safety information:
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep this product out of the reach of children. If an accidental overdose does occur, seek immediate medical attention or call a poison control center.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Some vitamin supplements contain vitamin C (ascorbic acid). If your brand contains vitamin C, it may cause incorrect test results with some urine glucose tests. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine or changing your diet.
- If your brand contains vitamin C, it may also cause incorrect test results with kits used to check for blood in the stool. Check with your doctor if you are taking Geravine Elixir when using this test kit.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Geravine Elixir, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Geravine Elixir during pregnancy. Geravine Elixir is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Geravine Elixir, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Geravine Elixir:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Mild breath odor; upset stomach.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Geravine Elixir:
Store Geravine Elixir at room temperature, below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Geravine Elixir out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Geravine Elixir, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Geravine Elixir is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Geravine Elixir. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.