Halog-E CreamGeneric Name: Halcinonide
Halog and Halog-E
Halog-E Cream is used for:
Relieving itching, irritation, redness, and swelling associated with many skin conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Halog-E Cream is a topical corticosteroid. How Halog-E Cream work is unclear.
Do NOT use Halog-E Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Halog-E Cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Halog-E Cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Halog-E Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a skin infection, chickenpox, measles, tuberculosis (TB) or a positive tuberculosis skin test, or thinning skin, or if you have recently had a vaccination
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Halog-E Cream. Because little, if any of Halog-E Cream is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Halog-E Cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Halog-E Cream:
Use Halog-E Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Halog-E Cream in for topical use only.
- Apply a small amount of medicine to the affected area. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Halog-E Cream unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Halog-E Cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply 2 doses at once. If more than one dose is missed, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Halog-E Cream.
Important safety information:
- Halog-E Cream is for external use only. Do not get Halog-E Cream in your eyes. If contact is made with the eyes, flush them immediately with tap water.
- Do not wrap the treated area with bandages or wear tight-fitting clothing unless directed by your doctor.
- If Halog-E Cream was prescribed to treat the diaper area of a child, avoid using tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
- Halog-E Cream contains a corticosteroid. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains hydrocortisone or any other corticosteroid. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use Halog-E Cream for any other skin condition.
- Halog-E Cream may be more likely to be absorbed into your body with high doses or prolonged use. Do NOT exceed the recommended dose or use Halog-E Cream for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Caution is advised when using Halog-E Cream in CHILDREN. Corticosteroid medicines may affect growth rate in children and adolescents in some instances. Your child's growth may need to be checked regularly while using Halog-E Cream.
- PREGNANCY AND BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Halog-E Cream during pregnancy. It is unknown if Halog-E Cream is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Halog-E Cream, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Halog-E Cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dry skin; mild, temporary burning, itching, or stinging.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; excessive hair growth; inflammation of hair follicles; persistent or severe burning, itching, redness, or swelling of the skin not present before using the medicine; skin discoloration, irritation, or thinning; stretch marks.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include confusion; increased thirst or urination; moon-shaped face; unusual drowsiness.Proper storage of Halog-E Cream:
Store Halog-E Cream at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Avoid freezing and temperatures above 104 degrees F (40 degrees C). Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Halog-E Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Halog-E Cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Halog-E Cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Halog-E Cream. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Halog-E Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Halog-E Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Halog Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information