IcyHot PM Medicated Patch Generic Name: Capsaicin/Menthol
IcyHot PM Medicated Patch
IcyHot PM Medicated Patch is used for:
Temporary relief of muscle and joint pain associated with arthritis, simple backaches, sprains, strains, and bruises. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
IcyHot PM Medicated Patch is a topical analgesic. Exactly how it works is unknown, but it is thought to decrease the amount of a certain substance (substance P) that transmits pain in the body.
Do NOT use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in IcyHot PM Medicated Patch
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using IcyHot PM Medicated Patch :
Some medical conditions may interact with IcyHot PM Medicated Patch . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have an open wound or damaged, broken, or irritated skin
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with IcyHot PM Medicated Patch . Because little, if any, of IcyHot PM Medicated Patch is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if IcyHot PM Medicated Patch may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch :
Use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with IcyHot PM Medicated Patch . Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Apply IcyHot PM Medicated Patch right away after you remove it from the sealed package. Do not use a patch if the package is not sealed.
- Remove backing from patch by grasping both ends firmly and gently pulling until the backing separates in middle. Carefully remove backing from patch and apply to the affected area.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after you apply the patch.
- Do not apply more than 4 times daily.
- Do not apply to wounds or damaged, broken (open), or irritated skin.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area.
- Do not use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch with a heating pad.
- Do not expose the treated area to heat or direct sunlight. Warm or hot water or sunlight may increase the likelihood of burning or itching. Do not use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch immediately after bathing, swimming, using a hot tub, sunbathing, or exposure to heat.
- If you miss a dose of IcyHot PM Medicated Patch , use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch .
Important safety information:
- For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, and mouth. If IcyHot PM Medicated Patch gets into your eyes, rinse immediately with cool water.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose, use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch for longer than prescribed, or use large amounts of IcyHot PM Medicated Patch without checking with your doctor.
- IcyHot PM Medicated Patch may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken IcyHot PM Medicated Patch by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- If condition worsens, or if symptoms persists for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days, stop use of this product and contact your health care provider.
- If redness is present or if irritation develops, check with your doctor before using any more of IcyHot PM Medicated Patch .
- If severe burning or itching occurs, remove product by thoroughly washing the area with soap and cold water.
- IcyHot PM Medicated Patch should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 18 years old without first checking with the child's doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using IcyHot PM Medicated Patch while you are pregnant. It is not known if IcyHot PM Medicated Patch is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use IcyHot PM Medicated Patch , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of IcyHot PM Medicated Patch :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Temporary burning or stinging at the application site that usually disappears in a few days.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); irritation, redness, blistering, or severe or persistent burning at the application site.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. IcyHot PM Medicated Patch may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of IcyHot PM Medicated Patch :
Store IcyHot PM Medicated Patch at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep IcyHot PM Medicated Patch out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about IcyHot PM Medicated Patch , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- IcyHot PM Medicated Patch is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about IcyHot PM Medicated Patch . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.