Amcinonide LotionGeneric Name:
Amcinonide (am-SIN-oh-nide)Brand Name:
Amcinonide Lotion is used for:
Treating inflammation and itching due to certain skin conditions.
Amcinonide Lotion is a topical corticosteroid. It works to reduce skin inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, and irritation) in a way that is not clearly understood.
Do NOT use Amcinonide Lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Amcinonide Lotion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Amcinonide Lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Amcinonide Lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a skin infection, thinning of the skin, measles, tuberculosis, a positive tuberculin skin test, or chickenpox, or you have had a recent vaccination
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Amcinonide Lotion. Because little, if any, of Amcinonide Lotion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Amcinonide Lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Amcinonide Lotion:
Use Amcinonide Lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Shake well before using.
- Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected area. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- Protect treated area from washing, clothing, or rubbing until all lotion has dried.
- Wash your hands after applying Amcinonide Lotion, unless your hands are part or the treated area.
- Do not use a bandage or other covering or wrap on the treated skin unless directed to do so by your health care provider.
- If you miss a dose of Amcinonide Lotion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Amcinonide Lotion.
Important safety information:
- Amcinonide Lotion is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. If you get Amcinonide Lotion in your eyes, flush immediately with a generous amount of cool tap water.
- Parents should not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on a child being treated in the diaper area.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose or use Amcinonide Lotion for longer than the time prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not use Amcinonide Lotion for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Amcinonide Lotion contains a corticosteroid. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains hydrocortisone or any other corticosteroid. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Check with your doctor before having vaccinations while using Amcinonide Lotion.
- Corticosteroids may affect the growth rate in CHILDREN and adolescents in some instances. Your child's growth may need to be checked regularly while using Amcinonide Lotion.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Amcinonide Lotion during pregnancy. It is unknown if Amcinonide Lotion is excreted in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while you are using Amcinonide Lotion.
Possible side effects of Amcinonide Lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dryness; itching.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; burning, cracking, irritation, redness, or peeling not present before you began using Amcinonide Lotion; excessive hair growth; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; muscle weakness; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin; unusual weight gain, especially in the face.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms of may include increased thirst or urination; muscle weakness; unusual weight gain, especially in the face.Proper storage of Amcinonide Lotion:
Store this at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Amcinonide Lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Amcinonide Lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Amcinonide Lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Amcinonide Lotion. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- amcinonide topical Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Cyclocort Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Cyclocort Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information