Luride Chewable TabletsGeneric Name:
Sodium Fluoride (SO-dee-uhm FLOR-ide)Brand Name:
Examples include EtheDent and Luride
Luride Chewable Tablets are used for:
Preventing cavities in children older than 6 months old when the amount of fluoride in the water supply is too low.
Luride Chewable Tablets are a mineral. It works by strengthening the teeth and decreasing the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth.
Do NOT use Luride Chewable Tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Luride Chewable Tablets
- your drinking water has a fluoride content greater than 0.6 parts per million (ppm)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Luride Chewable Tablets:
Some medical conditions may interact with Luride Chewable Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have joint pain, severe kidney problems, or stomach or intestinal ulcers
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Luride Chewable Tablets. However, no specific interactions with Luride Chewable Tablets are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Luride Chewable Tablets may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Luride Chewable Tablets:
Use Luride Chewable Tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Luride Chewable Tablets by mouth with or without food. Do not eat or drink dairy products within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Luride Chewable Tablets.
- Do not take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, or magnesium in it for several hours after you take Luride Chewable Tablets.
- Chew Luride Chewable Tablets well before you swallow it.
- If you miss a dose of Luride Chewable Tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Luride Chewable Tablets.
Important safety information:
- Do not exceed the dose recommended by your doctor or dentist.
- Notify your dentist if your teeth become spotted or stained.
- Luride Chewable Tablets are not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 6 months old; safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- Caution is advised when using Luride Chewable Tablets in CHILDREN younger than 6 years old. The appropriate dose of Luride Chewable Tablets depends on the child's age and the amount of fluoride in the drinking water. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about the appropriate dose for your child or the amount of fluoride in your drinking water.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Luride Chewable Tablets, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Luride Chewable Tablets while pregnant. It is not known if Luride Chewable Tablets are found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Luride Chewable Tablets, check with your doctor. Discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Luride Chewable Tablets:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with Luride Chewable Tablets. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include diarrhea; extreme thirst; increased drooling; muscle weakness; nausea; paleness of the skin; seizures; shallow, rapid breathing; shaking; stomach pain; vomiting; weak or fast heartbeat.Proper storage of Luride Chewable Tablets:
Store Luride Chewable Tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Luride Chewable Tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Luride Chewable Tablets, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Luride Chewable Tablets are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Luride Chewable Tablets. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Luride Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Luride Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Luride Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information