Nedocromil DropsGeneric Name:
Nedocromil (ne-doe-KROE-mil)Brand Name:
Nedocromil Drops are used for:
Treating itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis (pink eye).
Nedocromil Drops are a mast cell stabilizer. It works by preventing the release of certain cells in the body that contribute to allergic reactions. This decreases the itching caused by pink eye.
Do NOT use Nedocromil Drops if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Nedocromil Drops
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Nedocromil Drops:
Some medical conditions may interact with Nedocromil Drops. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Nedocromil Drops. However, no specific interactions with Nedocromil Drops are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Nedocromil Drops may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Nedocromil Drops:
Use Nedocromil Drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Nedocromil Drops are for use in the eye only. Avoid contact with other mucous membranes.
- To use Nedocromil Drops, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them. To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are using Nedocromil Drops. Sterilize contact lenses according to manufacturer's directions and check with your doctor before using them.
- If you miss a dose of Nedocromil Drops, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Nedocromil Drops.
Important safety information:
- Nedocromil Drops are not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 3 years of age. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Nedocromil Drops during pregnancy. It is unknown if Nedocromil Drops are excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while using Nedocromil Drops, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Nedocromil Drops:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Burning or stinging of the eye; change in taste; eye irritation; headache; stuffy nose; unpleasant taste.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); coughing; difficulty breathing; wheezing.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Nedocromil Drops:
Store Nedocromil Drops at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from extreme temperatures and direct sunlight. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Nedocromil Drops out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Nedocromil Drops, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Nedocromil Drops are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Nedocromil Drops. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- nedocromil Inhalation, oral/nebulization Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Tilade Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Tilade Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Tilade Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)