Nutridox Convenience Kit Generic Name: Doxycycline Monohydrate Capsules and Omega-3/Vitamin E
(DOX-i-SYE-kleen/oh-MAY-ga 3/VYE-ta-min E)Brand Name:
Nutridox Convenience Kit
Nutridox Convenience Kit is used for:
Treating certain bacterial infections of the eye. It may also be used to treat certain other bacterial infections or to prevent or slow the progression of anthrax after exposure.
Nutridox Convenience Kit is a kit which contains a tetracycline antibiotic and omega-3/vitamin E capsule. The antibiotic works by slowing the growth of bacteria. Slowing the bacteria's growth allows the body's immune system to destroy the bacteria. The omega-3/vitamin E capsule works to improve tear production, which protects and moisturizes the eye.
Do NOT use Nutridox Convenience Kit if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Nutridox Convenience Kit or to another tetracycline (eg, minocycline)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have recently received or will be receiving a live oral typhoid vaccine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Nutridox Convenience Kit :
Some medical conditions may interact with Nutridox Convenience Kit . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea, a history of lupus, or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Nutridox Convenience Kit . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), iron, or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may decrease Nutridox Convenience Kit 's effectiveness
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, isotretinoin, methotrexate, or methoxyflurane because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Nutridox Convenience Kit
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), live oral typhoid vaccine, or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Nutridox Convenience Kit
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Nutridox Convenience Kit may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Nutridox Convenience Kit :
Use Nutridox Convenience Kit as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- For the doxycycline capsules: Take Nutridox Convenience Kit by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Do not take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, or magnesium in it; bismuth-containing products; iron; urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate); or multivitamins with minerals within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take Nutridox Convenience Kit .
- To clear up your infection completely, take Nutridox Convenience Kit for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Drink plenty of fluids with Nutridox Convenience Kit to wash it down and avoid the risk of throat irritation.
- Do not use Nutridox Convenience Kit if it is out of date or has been stored incorrectly.
- For the omega-3/vitamin E capsules: Take Nutridox Convenience Kit by mouth with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Nutridox Convenience Kit , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Nutridox Convenience Kit .
Important safety information:
- Be sure to use Nutridox Convenience Kit for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Nutridox Convenience Kit only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Long-term or repeated use of Nutridox Convenience Kit may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Nutridox Convenience Kit . To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Nutridox Convenience Kit may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Nutridox Convenience Kit . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Nutridox Convenience Kit before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Nutridox Convenience Kit may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Nutridox Convenience Kit .
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Nutridox Convenience Kit . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Nutridox Convenience Kit with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 10 years old who have diarrhea or an infection of the stomach or bowel.
- Nutridox Convenience Kit should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 8 years old; permanent yellow-gray-brown tooth discoloration may occur.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Nutridox Convenience Kit has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Nutridox Convenience Kit while you are pregnant. Nutridox Convenience Kit is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Nutridox Convenience Kit .
Possible side effects of Nutridox Convenience Kit :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Loss of appetite; mild diarrhea; nausea; vomiting.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; chest pain; dark urine; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; moderate to severe sunburn; severe diarrhea; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or cramps; throat irritation; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint pain; unusual tiredness; vaginal irritation or discharge; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Nutridox Convenience Kit :
Store Nutridox Convenience Kit at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Nutridox Convenience Kit out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Nutridox Convenience Kit , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Nutridox Convenience Kit is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Nutridox Convenience Kit . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.