Salvax Duo FoamGeneric Name: Salicylic Acid Foam and Urea
(SAL-i-SIL-ik AS-id/ue-REE-a)Brand Name:
Salvax Duo Foam is used for:
Treating dry, rough, scaly, or excess skin caused by certain conditions (eg, calluses, warts, psoriasis). It may also be used for certain other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Salvax Duo Foam is a kit that contains 2 keratolytic and debriding medicines. It works to loosen and shed hard, scaly skin and soften and moisturize the skin.
Do NOT use Salvax Duo Foam if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Salvax Duo Foam
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Salvax Duo Foam:
Some medical conditions may interact with Salvax Duo Foam. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib)
- if you have or have recently had a flu-like illness (eg, fever, chills, sore throat), chickenpox, or any other type of viral infection
- if you are a child or teenager who has recently had an influenza vaccine (eg, flu shot)
- if you have diabetes, poor blood circulation, a skin infection, or the affected area is broken or severely irritated
- if you are taking aspirin or other salicylate medicines (eg, methyl salicylate)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Salvax Duo Foam. Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, heparin, warfarin), aspirin, methotrexate, or sulfonylureas (eg, tolbutamide) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Salvax Duo Foam
- Lithium because its effectiveness may be decreased by Salvax Duo Foam
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Salvax Duo Foam may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Salvax Duo Foam:
Use Salvax Duo Foam as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Salvax Duo Foam unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Shake well before each use and turn upside down to administer.
- Apply Salvax Duo Foam to the affected skin as directed by your doctor. Rub it in gently until the medicine is completely absorbed.
- If you miss a dose of Salvax Duo Foam, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Salvax Duo Foam.
Important safety information:
- Salvax Duo Foam is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, on your lips, or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you get Salvax Duo Foam in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
- Apply Salvax Duo Foam only to the affected area. Do not apply Salvax Duo Foam to normal healthy skin or to skin that is reddened, irritated, or infected. Do not use Salvax Duo Foam on open skin wounds, moles, birthmarks, genital warts, warts on the face, or warts growing hair.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Salvax Duo Foam has a salicylate in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a salicylate in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Salvax Duo Foam may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Salvax Duo Foam contains a salicylate, which has been linked to a serious illness called Reye syndrome. Do not give Salvax Duo Foam to a child or teenager who has the flu, chickenpox, or a viral infection. Contact your doctor with any questions or concerns.
- Do not use Salvax Duo Foam for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Caution is advised when using Salvax Duo Foam in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Salvax Duo Foam while you are pregnant. It is not known if Salvax Duo Foam is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Salvax Duo Foam, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Salvax Duo Foam:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Mild, temporary burning, itching, irritation, or stinging.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); excessive burning, irritation, itching, peeling, redness, stinging, or tenderness of your skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Salvax Duo Foam may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Salvax Duo Foam:
Store Salvax Duo Foam at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Do not freeze. Do not expose to temperatures greater than 120 degrees F (49 degrees C). Do not store in the bathroom. Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not puncture, break, or burn the canister even if it appears to be empty. Keep Salvax Duo Foam out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Salvax Duo Foam, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Salvax Duo Foam is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Salvax Duo Foam. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Kerasal Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)