Versiclear Lotion Generic Name: Sodium Thiosulfate
(SOE-dee-um THYE-oh-SUL-fate/SAL-i SIL-ik AS-id)Brand Name:
Versiclear Lotion is used for:
Treating tinea versicolor, a fungal infection of the skin.
Versiclear Lotion is a topical antifungal and keratolytic agent. It works by killing the fungus that causes tinea versicolor. The keratolytic helps the antifungal reach the deep layers of the skin.
Do NOT use Versiclear Lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Versiclear Lotion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Versiclear Lotion :
Some medical conditions may interact with Versiclear Lotion . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have cut, scraped, irritated, or damaged skin at the application site
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Versiclear Lotion . Because little, if any, of Versiclear Lotion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Versiclear Lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Versiclear Lotion :
Use Versiclear Lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Shake well before each use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using Versiclear Lotion , unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Wash, rinse, and dry the affected area before you apply Versiclear Lotion .
- Apply a thin film of Versiclear Lotion to all affected areas as directed by your health care provider.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Versiclear Lotion for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if your symptoms improve in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Versiclear Lotion , use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Versiclear Lotion .
Important safety information:
- Versiclear Lotion may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Do not use Versiclear Lotion on or around the eyes. If you get Versiclear Lotion in your eyes, immediately flush with cool tap water.
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse. Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Be sure to use Versiclear Lotion for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The fungus could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Versiclear Lotion should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Versiclear Lotion while you are pregnant. It is not known if Versiclear Lotion is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Versiclear Lotion , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Versiclear Lotion :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Mild, temporary burning or stinging at the application site.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); new or worsening irritation, pain, redness, blistering, or severe burning at the application site.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Versiclear Lotion :
Store Versiclear Lotion at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Versiclear Lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Versiclear Lotion , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Versiclear Lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Versiclear Lotion . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Versiclear Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)