BenzaClin Care Kit GelGeneric Name: Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide
(KLIN-da-MYE-sin/BEN-zoe-il per-OX-ide)Brand Name:
BenzaClin Care Kit
BenzaClin Care Kit Gel is used for:
BenzaClin Care Kit Gel is an antibiotic and drying agent combination. It works by stopping the bacterial infection that causes acne. The moisturizing serum works by providing moisture to the skin.
Do NOT use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in BenzaClin Care Kit Gel or to lincomycin
- you have a history of Crohn disease, inflammation of the colon caused by antibiotics, pseudomembranous colitis, regional enteritis, or ulcerative colitis
- you are using a product that contains erythromycin or an ammonium salt (eg, benzalkonium chloride)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using BenzaClin Care Kit Gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with BenzaClin Care Kit Gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a stomach or intestinal disease
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with BenzaClin Care Kit Gel. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Products that contain ammonium salts (eg, benzalkonium chloride) because they may decrease BenzaClin Care Kit Gel's effectiveness
- Products that contain erythromycin because their effectiveness may be decreased by BenzaClin Care Kit Gel
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if BenzaClin Care Kit Gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel:
Use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Before applying BenzaClin Care Kit Gel to the affected areas, gently wash and rinse the skin with warm water and pat dry. Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected skin and rub in as directed by your doctor. Wash your hands immediately after using BenzaClin Care Kit Gel.
- To use the moisturizing serum: Twist the cap off of one ampule. Squeeze the serum onto your skin and rub in completely. Throw away any serum left in the ampule after one use.
- Continue to use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of BenzaClin Care Kit Gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel.
Important safety information:
- BenzaClin Care Kit Gel is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth, or in the vagina. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse immediately with cool water.
- BenzaClin Care Kit Gel may bleach hair or colored fabric. Avoid getting BenzaClin Care Kit Gel in your hair or on your clothes.
- Once you begin using BenzaClin Care Kit Gel, it may take several weeks before you begin to see improvement. If your symptoms do not improve by 11 weeks or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other topical acne medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not use BenzaClin Care Kit Gel for other conditions at a later time.
- BenzaClin Care Kit Gel may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to BenzaClin Care Kit Gel. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Long-term or repeated use of BenzaClin Care Kit Gel may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur during treatment or within several months after treatment with BenzaClin Care Kit Gel. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- BenzaClin Care Kit Gel should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using BenzaClin Care Kit Gel while you are pregnant. It is not known if BenzaClin Care Kit Gel is found in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while using BenzaClin Care Kit Gel.
Possible side effects of BenzaClin Care Kit Gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dry skin; flushing; itching; redness.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; burning, peeling, or irritation at the application site; severe diarrhea; stomach cramps or pain.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. BenzaClin Care Kit Gel may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of BenzaClin Care Kit Gel:
Store BenzaClin Care Kit Gel at room temperature, below 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep tightly closed. Throw away any unused portion after 3 months. Keep BenzaClin Care Kit Gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about BenzaClin Care Kit Gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- BenzaClin Care Kit Gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about BenzaClin Care Kit Gel. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.