BroveX PSE DM Tablets Generic Name: Pseudoephedrine/Brompheniramine/Dextromethorphan
BroveX PSE DM Tablets
BroveX PSE DM Tablets is used for:
Relieving symptoms of sinus congestion, runny nose, sneezing, and cough due to colds, upper respiratory infections, and allergies. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
BroveX PSE DM Tablets is a decongestant, antihistamine, and cough suppressant combination. It works by constricting blood vessels and reducing swelling in the nasal passages. The antihistamine works by blocking the action of histamine, which helps reduce symptoms such as watery eyes and sneezing. The cough suppressant works in the brain to help decrease the cough reflex to reduce a dry cough.
Do NOT use BroveX PSE DM Tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in BroveX PSE DM Tablets
- you have severe high blood pressure, severe heart blood vessel disease, rapid heartbeat, severe heart problems, stomach ulcer, or narrow-angle glaucoma
- you are unable to urinate or are having an asthma attack
- you take sodium oxybate (GHB) or you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using BroveX PSE DM Tablets :
Some medical conditions may interact with BroveX PSE DM Tablets . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- if you have a history of adrenal gland problems (eg, adrenal gland tumor); heart problems; high blood pressure; diabetes; heart blood vessel problems; stroke; glaucoma; a blockage of your stomach, bladder, or intestines; ulcers; trouble urinating; an enlarged prostate or other prostate problems; seizures; mental or mood problems (eg, depression); or an overactive thyroid
- if you have a history of asthma, chronic cough, lung problems (eg, chronic bronchitis, emphysema), or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or if your cough occurs with large amounts of mucus
- if you are in poor health or if you are very overweight
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with BroveX PSE DM Tablets . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitors (eg, tolcapone), furazolidone, indomethacin, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), sodium oxybate (GHB), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because they may increase the risk of BroveX PSE DM Tablets 's side effects
- Digoxin or droxidopa because the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack may be increased
- Bromocriptine or hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by BroveX PSE DM Tablets
- Guanadrel, guanethidine, mecamylamine, methyldopa, or reserpine because their effectiveness may be decreased by BroveX PSE DM Tablets
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if BroveX PSE DM Tablets may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use BroveX PSE DM Tablets :
Use BroveX PSE DM Tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take BroveX PSE DM Tablets by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take BroveX PSE DM Tablets with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Drink plenty of water while taking BroveX PSE DM Tablets .
- If you miss a dose of BroveX PSE DM Tablets , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use BroveX PSE DM Tablets .
Important safety information:
- BroveX PSE DM Tablets may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use BroveX PSE DM Tablets with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using BroveX PSE DM Tablets ; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Do not take diet or appetite control medicines while you take BroveX PSE DM Tablets without checking with your doctor.
- BroveX PSE DM Tablets has pseudoephedrine, brompheniramine, and dextromethorphan in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has pseudoephedrine, brompheniramine, and dextromethorphan in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use BroveX PSE DM Tablets for a cough with a lot of mucus. Do not use it for a long-term cough (eg, caused by asthma, emphysema, smoking). However, you may use it for these conditions if your doctor tells you to.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 5 to 7 days or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- BroveX PSE DM Tablets may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to BroveX PSE DM Tablets . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- BroveX PSE DM Tablets may interfere with skin allergy tests. If you are scheduled for a skin test, talk to your doctor. You may need to stop taking BroveX PSE DM Tablets for a few days before the tests.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take BroveX PSE DM Tablets before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Use BroveX PSE DM Tablets with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Caution is advised when using BroveX PSE DM Tablets in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using BroveX PSE DM Tablets while you are pregnant. It is not known if BroveX PSE DM Tablets is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking BroveX PSE DM Tablets .
Possible side effects of BroveX PSE DM Tablets :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Blurred vision; constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, nose, or throat; excitability; headache; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest tightness; difficulty urinating or inability to urinate; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; flushing or redness of the face; hallucinations; mental or mood changes; numbness or tingling; seizures; severe dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness, or headache; severe dryness of mouth, nose, and throat; shortness of breath; tremor; trouble sleeping; unusual bruising or bleeding; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blurred vision; confusion; hallucinations; muscle spasms; seizures; severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or headache; severe drowsiness; unusual eye movements; unusually fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; vomiting.Proper storage of BroveX PSE DM Tablets :
Store BroveX PSE DM Tablets at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep BroveX PSE DM Tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about BroveX PSE DM Tablets , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- BroveX PSE DM Tablets is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about BroveX PSE DM Tablets . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- BroveX PSE DM Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Bromfed DM Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Dimetapp DM Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Myphetane DX Prescribing Information (FDA)