Cavan One Omega Generic Name:
Prenatal Multivitamins without Vitamin A with Minerals, Iron, Folic Acid, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids (pree-NATE-al muhl-tee-VYE-ta-mins/VYE-ta-min A/MIN-er-als/EYE-urn/FOE-lik AS-id/oh-MAY-ga 3 FA-tee AS-ids)Brand Name:
Cavan One Omega
Accidental overdose of products that contain iron is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, call your poison control center or doctor at once.
Cavan One Omega is used for:
Treating or preventing a lack of vitamins or minerals before, during, and after pregnancy and while breast-feeding. It may also be used for treating and preventing certain conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cavan One Omega is a vitamin, mineral, iron, folic acid, and omega-3 fatty acid combination. It provides vitamins and minerals to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Cavan One Omega if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cavan One Omega , including fish or fish oil
- you have hemochromatosis (a disorder of iron metabolism)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cavan One Omega :
Some medical conditions may interact with Cavan One Omega . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances (including fish)
- if you have stomach or intestinal problems (eg, colitis, Crohn disease, diverticulitis), blood problems (eg, anemia, porphyria cutanea tarda, thalassemia), bleeding problems (eg, hemophilia), peptic ulcer, or kidney stones
- if you have had multiple blood transfusions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cavan One Omega . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of bleeding may be increased by Cavan One Omega
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, captopril), eplerenone, or potassium-sparing diuretics because high blood potassium levels may be increased
- Aluminum salts or fluorouracil because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Cavan One Omega
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), levodopa, mycophenolate, or penicillamine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Cavan One Omega .
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Cavan One Omega may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cavan One Omega :
Use Cavan One Omega as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if you should take Cavan One Omega with food or on an empty stomach. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Cavan One Omega by mouth with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Cavan One Omega .
- Avoid taking Cavan One Omega with dairy products; they may interfere with the absorption of the iron in Cavan One Omega .
- Many medicines (eg, used for infection, blood pressure, low blood platelets, immune system suppression, osteoporosis, thyroid problems) should not be taken at the same time as Cavan One Omega ; their effectiveness may be decreased. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if your dose of Cavan One Omega should be separated from your dose of any of your other medicines.
- If you miss a dose of Cavan One Omega , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cavan One Omega .
Important safety information:
- Cavan One Omega may discolor the stools. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Cavan One Omega contains iron. Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- Cavan One Omega contains fish oil. Tell your doctor if you have had an allergic reaction to fish or fish oil.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while you use Cavan One Omega unless your doctor tells you to.
- Cavan One Omega should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Cavan One Omega is intended for use during pregnancy. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Cavan One Omega , check with your doctor.
Possible side effects of Cavan One Omega :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; darkened or green stools; diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset; vomiting.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood or streaks of blood in the stools; stomach pain or cramping.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include black, tarry stools; chest pain; lack of feeling alert; loss of balance; seizure; severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain; shortness of breath; sluggishness; trouble breathing; unusual tiredness or weakness; unusually pale skin; weak pulse.Proper storage of Cavan One Omega :
Store Cavan One Omega at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cavan One Omega out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Cavan One Omega , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cavan One Omega is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Cavan One Omega . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.