Cerovite Jr ChewablesGeneric Name: Pediatric Multivitamin/Minerals
Examples include Cerovite Jr and Flintstones Gummies
Some brands of Cerovite Jr Chewables contain iron. Iron overdose is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. In case of an overdose, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Cerovite Jr Chewables are used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cerovite Jr Chewables are a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins and minerals to the body when you do not get enough from your diet.
Do NOT use Cerovite Jr Chewables if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cerovite Jr Chewables
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cerovite Jr Chewables:
Some medical conditions may interact with Cerovite Jr Chewables. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances (eg, soy)
- if you have anemia, liver problems, metabolism problems, or phenylketonuria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cerovite Jr Chewables. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), or fluorouracil because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Cerovite Jr Chewables
- Doxycycline, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), levodopa, penicillamine, or thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Cerovite Jr Chewables
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Cerovite Jr Chewables may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cerovite Jr Chewables:
Use Cerovite Jr Chewables as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Cerovite Jr Chewables by mouth with or without food.
- Chew well before swallowing.
- If your brand of Cerovite Jr Chewables contains iron, do not take an antacid within several hours before or after you take Cerovite Jr Chewables.
- If you are also taking a bisphosphonate (eg, alendronate), cefdinir, methyldopa, a quinolone antibiotic (eg, ciprofloxacin), or a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline), ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take them with Cerovite Jr Chewables.
- If you miss a dose of Cerovite Jr Chewables for 1 or more days, there is no cause for concern. If your doctor recommended that you take it, try to remember your dose every day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cerovite Jr Chewables.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Cerovite Jr Chewables unless your doctor tells you to.
- Some brands of Cerovite Jr Chewables contain soy. If you are allergic to soy products, ask your pharmacist if your brand contains soy.
- Some of these products contain phenylalanine. If you must have a diet that is low in phenylalanine, ask your pharmacist if it is in your product.
- Cerovite Jr Chewables should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed. These children may also have an increased risk of choking on Cerovite Jr Chewables.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Cerovite Jr Chewables while you are pregnant. It is not known if Cerovite Jr Chewables are found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Cerovite Jr Chewables, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Cerovite Jr Chewables:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Cerovite Jr Chewables:
Store Cerovite Jr Chewables at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cerovite Jr Chewables out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Cerovite Jr Chewables, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cerovite Jr Chewables are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Cerovite Jr Chewables. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.