CNL8 Solution KitGeneric Name: Ciclopirox
CNL8 Solution Kit is used for:
Treating mild to moderate toenail or fingernail fungus.
CNL8 Solution Kit is a kit containing an antifungal agent, emery board, and solution removing swabs. Exactly how the antifungal agent works is not known. It is believed to work by slowing the growth of fungi.
Do NOT use CNL8 Solution Kit if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in CNL8 Solution Kit
- you are taking an oral antifungal medicine for a fungal infection of the fingernail or toenail
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using CNL8 Solution Kit:
Some medical conditions may interact with CNL8 Solution Kit. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diabetes, numbness of the toes or fingers, or a weakened immune system (eg, HIV infection, AIDS)
- if you have received an organ transplant
- if you regularly use a topical corticosteroid (eg, hydrocortisone) or steroid inhaler (eg, fluticasone), or if you take medicine for seizures
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with CNL8 Solution Kit. However, no specific interactions with CNL8 Solution Kit are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if CNL8 Solution Kit may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use CNL8 Solution Kit:
Use CNL8 Solution Kit as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with CNL8 Solution Kit. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Apply CNL8 Solution Kit once daily, preferably at bedtime.
- Apply evenly over the entire nail and the small amount of the surrounding skin. If possible, apply this medication to the nail bed and under the surface of the nail plate. Allow the medicine to dry (about 30 seconds) before you put on socks or stockings.
- Do not bathe or shower for at least 8 hours after you apply the medicine.
- Apply a new coat of the medicine over the previous one. Do NOT remove the medicine from the affected area each day.
- Once a week (every 7 days), remove the medicine with the solution remover swabs provided. Use the emery board to file away any loose nail material, as directed by your doctor.
- Your doctor will need to periodically remove the unattached, infected portion of the nail while you use CNL8 Solution Kit. Be sure to keep all doctor appointments. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
- It may take up to 6 months of treatment with CNL8 Solution Kit to see any noticeable improvement in your nail. It may take up to 48 weeks of treatment to achieve a clear or almost clear nail. However, it may not be possible to achieve a completely clear nail with the use of CNL8 Solution Kit.
- To clear up your infection completely, use CNL8 Solution Kit for the full course of treatment.
- If you miss a dose of CNL8 Solution Kit and you are using it daily at bedtime, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use CNL8 Solution Kit.
Important safety information:
- CNL8 Solution Kit is for external use on nails and surrounding skin only. Do not get CNL8 Solution Kit in your eyes, nose, vagina, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- CNL8 Solution Kit is flammable. Do not use this medication near heat or open flame.
- If you have diabetes or problems with numbness in your fingers or toes, talk with your doctor before you trim your nails.
- Do not use nail polish or other nail cosmetic products while using CNL8 Solution Kit.
- Do not use CNL8 Solution Kit to treat a condition other than it was prescribed for.
- CNL8 Solution Kit should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY AND BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using CNL8 Solution Kit while you are pregnant. It is not known if CNL8 Solution Kit is found in breast. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use CNL8 Solution Kit, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of CNL8 Solution Kit:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Change in shape of nail; discoloration; ingrown toenail; mild redness or irritation of the treated area.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blistering, burning, oozing, or swelling of the treated area; severe redness or irritation of the treated area.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. CNL8 Solution Kit may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of CNL8 Solution Kit:
Store CNL8 Solution Kit at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in the original carton. Protect from light. Keep away from heat and flame. Keep CNL8 Solution Kit out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about CNL8 Solution Kit, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- CNL8 Solution Kit is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about CNL8 Solution Kit. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.