Adoxa TT Kit Generic Name: Doxycycline with Cleanser
Adoxa CK Kit and Adoxa TT Kit
Adoxa TT Kit is used for:
Adoxa TT Kit is a tetracycline antibiotic and cleansing pad kit. The antibiotic works by slowing the growth of bacteria, which helps the body's immune system to kill the bacteria. The cleansing pad helps to keep the skin clean. Using both together helps to reduce acne.
Do NOT use Adoxa TT Kit if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Adoxa TT Kit or to any other tetracycline (eg, minocycline)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin antibiotic (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have recently received or will be receiving a live oral typhoid vaccine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Adoxa TT Kit :
Some medical conditions may interact with Adoxa TT Kit . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea or a history of lupus or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Adoxa TT Kit . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antacids, barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), iron, or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may decrease Adoxa TT Kit 's effectiveness
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, insulin, isotretinoin, or methotrexate because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Adoxa TT Kit
- Live oral typhoid vaccine, hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Adoxa TT Kit
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Adoxa TT Kit may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Adoxa TT Kit :
Use Adoxa TT Kit as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Adoxa TT Kit kit contains antibiotic capsules or tablets and facial cleansing pads.
- To use the facial cleansing pad, smooth the pad over your face. Avoid getting the cleanser into your eyes, nose, or mouth. Discard after use.
- Take the capsule or tablet by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Adoxa TT Kit with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) to prevent ulcers and reduce throat irritation.
- Do not take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, magnesium, or iron in it within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Adoxa TT Kit .
- Use Adoxa TT Kit on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. It may take several days to weeks to see the full effect of Adoxa TT Kit .
- Do not use Adoxa TT Kit if it is past the expiration date on the bottle.
- If you miss a dose of Adoxa TT Kit , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Adoxa TT Kit .
Important safety information:
- The cleansing pad is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- Long-term or repeated use of Adoxa TT Kit may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, typhoid) while you are taking Adoxa TT Kit . Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Adoxa TT Kit . To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Adoxa TT Kit may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Adoxa TT Kit . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Adoxa TT Kit before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Adoxa TT Kit may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Adoxa TT Kit .
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Adoxa TT Kit . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Adoxa TT Kit should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 8 years old; permanent yellow-gray-brown tooth discoloration may occur.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Adoxa TT Kit has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Adoxa TT Kit while you are pregnant. Adoxa TT Kit is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Adoxa TT Kit .
Possible side effects of Adoxa TT Kit :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Loss of appetite; nausea; sensitivity to sunlight; vomiting.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; chest pain; dark urine; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; moderate to severe sunburn; severe diarrhea; severe irritation, redness, or peeling of the skin; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or cramps; throat irritation or pain; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint pain; unusual tiredness; vaginal irritation or discharge; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Adoxa TT Kit :
Store Adoxa TT Kit at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Adoxa TT Kit out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Adoxa TT Kit , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Adoxa TT Kit is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Adoxa TT Kit . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Adoxa TT Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Doxycycline Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Doxycycline Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Doxycycline Professional Patient Advice (Wolters Kluwer)
- Doryx Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Doryx Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Monodox Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Oracea Consumer Overview
- Oracea Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Periostat Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Vibramycin Prescribing Information (FDA)