Cyclizine Chewable Generic Name:
Cyclizine Chewable (SYE-kli-zeen)Brand Name:
Bonine for Kids
Cyclizine Chewable is used for:
Preventing and treating nausea, vomiting, and dizziness associated with motion sickness. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cyclizine Chewable is an anticholinergic. It works by blocking a chemical in the brain, which helps to reduce or prevent vomiting.
Do NOT use Cyclizine Chewable if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cyclizine Chewable
- you are taking sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cyclizine Chewable :
Some medical conditions may interact with Cyclizine Chewable . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have lung or breathing problems (eg, asthma; chronic bronchitis; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD]; emphysema), shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- if you have stomach, bowel, or bladder blockage, prostate problems (an enlarged prostate), difficulty urinating, glaucoma, or increased pressure in the eye
- if you have recently had surgery
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cyclizine Chewable . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Sodium oxybate (GHB) because severe drowsiness and prolonged sleep may occur
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Cyclizine Chewable may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cyclizine Chewable :
Use Cyclizine Chewable as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Cyclizine Chewable by mouth with or without food.
- Chew Cyclizine Chewable thoroughly before swallowing.
- For prevention of motion sickness, take Cyclizine Chewable at least 1 hour before travel or at the onset of symptoms.
- If you miss a dose of Cyclizine Chewable and are using it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cyclizine Chewable .
Important safety information:
- Cyclizine Chewable may cause drowsiness or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Cyclizine Chewable with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Cyclizine Chewable ; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Cyclizine Chewable before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Do NOT take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Cyclizine Chewable should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 6 years old without checking with a doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Cyclizine Chewable while you are pregnant. It is not known if Cyclizine Chewable is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Cyclizine Chewable , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Cyclizine Chewable :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Drowsiness; dry mouth.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include drowsiness; hallucinations; seizures; unusual excitability; very slow or shallow breathing.Proper storage of Cyclizine Chewable :
Store Cyclizine Chewable at room temperature, below 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cyclizine Chewable out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Cyclizine Chewable , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cyclizine Chewable is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Cyclizine Chewable . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.