DesOwen Cream Kit CreamGeneric Name: Desonide
DesOwen Cream Kit
DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is used for:
Relieving inflammation and itching caused by certain skin conditions.
DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is kit that contains a topical corticosteroid and a moisturizing lotion. The corticosteroid reduces skin inflammation. The moisturizing lotion helps to moisturize the skin.
Do NOT use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in DesOwen Cream Kit Cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using DesOwen Cream Kit Cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with DesOwen Cream Kit Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a skin infection, thinning of the skin, tuberculosis (TB), measles, chickenpox, shingles, or a positive TB skin test, or have recently had a vaccination
- if you are taking an oral corticosteroid (eg, prednisone)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with DesOwen Cream Kit Cream. However, no specific interactions with DesOwen Cream Kit Cream are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if DesOwen Cream Kit Cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream:
Use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use the corticosteroid cream: Apply a small amount of medicine to the affected area(s) as directed by your doctor. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- Wash your hands right away after applying DesOwen Cream Kit Cream, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not cover the treated area(s) with bandages or other dressings unless advised to do so by your health care provider.
- To use the moisturizing lotion: Apply as often as needed to help prevent dry skin.
- If you miss a dose of DesOwen Cream Kit Cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream.
Important safety information:
- DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Do not apply DesOwen Cream Kit Cream to the groin or diaper area unless your doctor tells you otherwise. If DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is applied to the groin or diaper area, apply a very small amount and do not use tight-fitting undergarments or plastic pants.
- Contact your doctor if you have a cut or sore that does not heal.
- Check with your doctor before you have any vaccines while you are using DesOwen Cream Kit Cream.
- Do not apply DesOwen Cream Kit Cream over large areas of the body without first checking with your doctor.
- Do not use other medicines or products on your skin without first checking with your doctor.
- Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition.
- Do not use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream for other skin conditions at a later time.
- DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is a corticosteroid. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a corticosteroid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Serious side effects may occur if too much of DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is absorbed through the skin. This may be more likely to occur if you use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream over a large area of the body. It may also be more likely if you wrap or bandage the area after you apply DesOwen Cream Kit Cream. The risk is greater in children. Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Contact your doctor right away if you develop unusual weight gain (especially in the face), muscle weakness, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness, severe or persistent headache, or vision changes. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- DesOwen Cream Kit Cream should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks if they use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using DesOwen Cream Kit Cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use DesOwen Cream Kit Cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of DesOwen Cream Kit Cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dry skin; mild, temporary stinging or burning.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; burning, cracking, irritation, or peeling not present before you began using DesOwen Cream Kit Cream; excessive hair growth; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center ( http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blurred vision or other vision changes; muscle weakness; severe or persistent headache; symptoms of high blood sugar (eg, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness); unusual weight gain, especially in the face.Proper storage of DesOwen Cream Kit Cream:
Store DesOwen Cream Kit Cream at room temperature, between 36 and 86 degrees F (2 and 30 degrees C). Store in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep DesOwen Cream Kit Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about DesOwen Cream Kit Cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- DesOwen Cream Kit Cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about DesOwen Cream Kit Cream. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- DesOwen Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Desonate Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Desonate Consumer Overview
- Desowen Prescribing Information (FDA)
- LoKara Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Verdeso Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Verdeso Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Verdeso Consumer Overview