DesOwen Lotion Kit LotionGeneric Name: Desonide
DesOwen Lotion Kit
DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is used for:
Treating mild to moderate itching, redness, and swelling caused by certain skin conditions.
DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is a topical corticosteroid lotion and a moisturizing cream kit. The corticosteroid lotion works by reducing skin inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, and irritation). The cream moisturizes the skin.
Do NOT use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have any kind of skin infection, cuts, scrapes, lessened blood flow to your skin, thinning of the skin (atrophy), or other skin conditions (eg, rosacea)
- if you have measles, tuberculosis (TB), chickenpox, or shingles; a positive TB skin test; or if you have recently had a vaccination
- if you are taking an oral corticosteroid (eg, prednisone)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion. Because little, if any, of DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion:
Use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands before using DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion.
- To use the lotion: Shake well before each use. Apply a small amount of DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion to the affected area(s). Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- To use the cream: Apply to the affected area(s) and gently rub in well, as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not cover the treated area(s) with bandages or other dressings unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion.
Important safety information:
- DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than 2 weeks without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 2 weeks or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not apply DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion over large areas of the body, to open wounds, or to scraped, infected, or burned skin without first checking with your doctor.
- Do not use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition.
- If DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion was prescribed to treat the diaper area, avoid using tight-fitting undergarments or plastic pants.
- Check with your doctor before you receive any vaccine while you are using DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion.
- DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion has a corticosteroid in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a corticosteroid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Contact your doctor if you have a cut or sore that does not heal.
- Serious side effects may occur if too much of DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is absorbed through the skin. This may be more likely to occur if you use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion over a larger area of the body. It may also be more likely if you wrap or bandage the area after you apply DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion. This risk is greater in children. Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Contact your doctor right away if you develop unusual weight gain (especially in the face), muscle weakness, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness, severe or persistent headache, or vision changes. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion while you are pregnant. It is not known if DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Mild, temporary stinging or burning when first applied.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; severe or persistent burning, dryness, irritation, peeling, redness, or swelling of the skin; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blurred vision or other vision changes; muscle weakness; severe or persistent headache; symptoms of high blood sugar (eg, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness); unusual weight gain, especially in the face. DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion:
Store DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion between 36 and 86 degrees F (2 and 30 degrees C). Store in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about DesOwen Lotion Kit Lotion. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- DesOwen Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Desonate Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Desonate Consumer Overview
- Desowen Prescribing Information (FDA)
- LoKara Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Verdeso Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Verdeso Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Verdeso Consumer Overview