Doxycycline with Cleanser Generic Name:
Doxycycline with Cleanser (DOX-i-SYE-kleen)Brand Name:
Adoxa CK Kit and Adoxa TT Kit
Doxycycline with Cleanser is used for:
Doxycycline with Cleanser is a tetracycline antibiotic and cleansing pad kit. The antibiotic works by slowing the growth of bacteria, which helps the body's immune system to kill the bacteria. The cleansing pad helps to keep the skin clean. Using both together helps to reduce acne.
Do NOT use Doxycycline with Cleanser if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Doxycycline with Cleanser or to any other tetracycline (eg, minocycline)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin antibiotic (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have recently received or will be receiving a live oral typhoid vaccine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Doxycycline with Cleanser :
Some medical conditions may interact with Doxycycline with Cleanser . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea or a history of lupus or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Doxycycline with Cleanser . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antacids, barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), iron, or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may decrease Doxycycline with Cleanser 's effectiveness
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, insulin, isotretinoin, or methotrexate because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Doxycycline with Cleanser
- Live oral typhoid vaccine, hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Doxycycline with Cleanser
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Doxycycline with Cleanser may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Doxycycline with Cleanser :
Use Doxycycline with Cleanser as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Doxycycline with Cleanser kit contains antibiotic capsules or tablets and facial cleansing pads.
- To use the facial cleansing pad, smooth the pad over your face. Avoid getting the cleanser into your eyes, nose, or mouth. Discard after use.
- Take the capsule or tablet by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Doxycycline with Cleanser with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) to prevent ulcers and reduce throat irritation.
- Do not take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, magnesium, or iron in it within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Doxycycline with Cleanser .
- Use Doxycycline with Cleanser on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. It may take several days to weeks to see the full effect of Doxycycline with Cleanser .
- Do not use Doxycycline with Cleanser if it is past the expiration date on the bottle.
- If you miss a dose of Doxycycline with Cleanser , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Doxycycline with Cleanser .
Important safety information:
- The cleansing pad is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- Long-term or repeated use of Doxycycline with Cleanser may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, typhoid) while you are taking Doxycycline with Cleanser . Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Doxycycline with Cleanser . To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Doxycycline with Cleanser may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Doxycycline with Cleanser . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Doxycycline with Cleanser before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Doxycycline with Cleanser may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Doxycycline with Cleanser .
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Doxycycline with Cleanser . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Doxycycline with Cleanser should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 8 years old; permanent yellow-gray-brown tooth discoloration may occur.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Doxycycline with Cleanser has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Doxycycline with Cleanser while you are pregnant. Doxycycline with Cleanser is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Doxycycline with Cleanser .
Possible side effects of Doxycycline with Cleanser :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Loss of appetite; nausea; sensitivity to sunlight; vomiting.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; chest pain; dark urine; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; moderate to severe sunburn; severe diarrhea; severe irritation, redness, or peeling of the skin; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or cramps; throat irritation or pain; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint pain; unusual tiredness; vaginal irritation or discharge; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Doxycycline with Cleanser :
Store Doxycycline with Cleanser at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Doxycycline with Cleanser out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Doxycycline with Cleanser , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Doxycycline with Cleanser is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Doxycycline with Cleanser . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.