Duac CS Kit GelGeneric Name: Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide
(KLIN-da-MYE-sin/BEN-zoe-il per-OX-ide)Brand Name:
Duac CS Kit
Duac CS Kit Gel is used for:
Treating severe acne.
Duac CS Kit Gel is an antibiotic and drying agent combination. It works by killing the bacteria associated with acne.
Do NOT use Duac CS Kit Gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Duac CS Kit Gel or to lincomycin
- you have a history of Crohn disease, severe stomach or bowel problems (eg, ulcerative colitis, regional enteritis, pseudomembranous colitis), or stomach or bowel inflammation caused by antibiotic use
- you are using products that contain erythromycin
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Duac CS Kit Gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with Duac CS Kit Gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have stomach or bowel problems
- if you are using other medicines on the skin
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Duac CS Kit Gel. Because little, if any, of Duac CS Kit Gel is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Duac CS Kit Gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Duac CS Kit Gel:
Use Duac CS Kit Gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Use Duac CS Kit Gel on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Before applying Duac CS Kit Gel to the affected areas, gently wash the skin with the soap-free cleanser lotion. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected skin and rub in as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Duac CS Kit Gel.
- Continue to use Duac CS Kit Gel even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Duac CS Kit Gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Duac CS Kit Gel.
Important safety information:
- Duac CS Kit Gel is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth, and other mucous membranes. If you get Duac CS Kit Gel in your eyes, rinse them right away with cool water.
- Duac CS Kit Gel may bleach hair or colored fabric. Avoid getting Duac CS Kit Gel in your hair or on your clothes.
- Duac CS Kit Gel may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Duac CS Kit Gel. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other topical acne medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not use Duac CS Kit Gel for other conditions at a later time.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Duac CS Kit Gel before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Long-term or repeated use of Duac CS Kit Gel may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Be sure to use Duac CS Kit Gel for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- If severe diarrhea, stomach pain or cramping, or bloody stools develop during treatment or within several months after treatment with Duac CS Kit Gel, check with your doctor or pharmacist right away. Do not treat it without first checking with your doctor.
- Duac CS Kit Gel should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Duac CS Kit Gel while you are pregnant. It is not known if Duac CS Kit Gel is found in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while using Duac CS Kit Gel.
Possible side effects of Duac CS Kit Gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Burning, dryness, or peeling of the skin.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; severe burning, dryness, or peeling of the skin; severe or persistent diarrhea; stomach cramps or pain.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Duac CS Kit Gel may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Duac CS Kit Gel:
Store Duac CS Kit Gel at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep tightly closed. Throw away any unused portion after 2 months. Keep Duac CS Kit Gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Duac CS Kit Gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Duac CS Kit Gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Duac CS Kit Gel. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.