Evoclin FoamGeneric Name: Clindamycin
Evoclin Foam is used for:
Treating acne. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Evoclin Foam is a topical lincomycin antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria that cause acne and reducing the amount of free fatty acids that irritate the skin surface.
Do NOT use Evoclin Foam if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Evoclin Foam or to lincomycin
- you have Crohn disease or a history of severe bowel problems (eg, regional enteritis), colitis associated with antibiotic use, or ulcerative colitis
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Evoclin Foam:
Some medical conditions may interact with Evoclin Foam. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have gastrointestinal (bowel) disease or diarrhea
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Evoclin Foam. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (eg, vecuronium) or succinylcholine because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by Evoclin Foam
- Erythromycin because it may decrease Evoclin Foam's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Evoclin Foam may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Evoclin Foam:
Use Evoclin Foam as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Evoclin Foam is for topical use on the skin only.
- Wash the affected areas to be treated with mild soap and water and allow the skin to dry thoroughly.
- To use Evoclin Foam, hold the can upright and dispense the amount of medicine to be used directly into the cap or onto a cool surface. Pick up small amounts of the foam with your fingertips and gently massage it into the affected areas until the foam disappears.
- If the can seems warm or the foam seems runny, hold the can under cold running water to cool it. Do not dispense the medicine directly onto your skin or hands because it will melt too soon.
- Throw away any unused medicine that has been dispensed out of the can.
- If you miss a dose of Evoclin Foam, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Evoclin Foam.
Important safety information:
- Evoclin Foam is for external use only. Do not get Evoclin Foam in your eyes or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you accidentally get the medicine in your eye, immediately flush with a large amount of cool tap water.
- Be sure to use Evoclin Foam for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Several weeks may pass before you see improvement in your acne. Continue using Evoclin Foam for the full time recommended by your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- If severe diarrhea, stomach pain or cramping, or bloody stools develop during treatment or within several months after treatment with Evoclin Foam, check with your doctor or pharmacist right away. Do not treat it without first checking with your doctor.
- Evoclin Foam should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Evoclin Foam can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Evoclin Foam while you are pregnant. It is not known if Evoclin Foam is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Evoclin Foam.
Possible side effects of Evoclin Foam:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Burning sensation on treated areas; dry or itchy skin; headache.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood or mucus in stools; severe or persistent diarrhea; stomach cramps or pain; swelling, redness, burning, or peeling of your skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Evoclin Foam may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Evoclin Foam:
Store Evoclin Foam at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not puncture, break, or burn the canister even if it appears to be empty. Keep Evoclin Foam out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Evoclin Foam, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Evoclin Foam is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Evoclin Foam. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Evoclin Topical Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Evoclin Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Evoclin Consumer Overview
- Clindamycin Topical Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Cleocin T Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Cleocin Vaginal Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Clinda-Derm Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Clindamax Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Clindesse Consumer Overview
- Clindesse Prescribing Information (FDA)