Diabetic musculoskeletal disorder: A musculoskeletal problem associated with diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetic syndrome of limited joint mobility (cheiroarthropathy) -- a syndrome characterized by thickening of the skin over the joints.
- Diabetic stiff hand syndrome -- thickening of the skin of the palm that results in loss of ability to hold the hands straight.
- Adhesive capsulitis -- severe limitation of the range of motion of the shoulder due to scarring around the shoulder joint. Also called a "frozen shoulder."
- Neuropathic joints (below the knee) -- destruction, increased density, dislocation, debris, distension, and disorganization of joints due to diabetic neuropathy, nerve damage caused by diabetes.
- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- general overgrowth of bone of unknown cause.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve entrapment syndromes
- Flexor tenosynovitis -- inflammation of the extensor pollicis longus tendon on the side of the wrist at the base of the thumb, typically associated with pain when the thumb is folded across the palm and the fingers are flexed over the thumb.
- Dupuytren contracture -- formation of scar tissue in the palm over the tendons that pull the fingers.
- Diabetic amyotrophy -- acute neuropathy of a large proximal nerve.
For More Information «Diabetic musculoskeletal disorder»
Diabetic musculoskeletal disorder: A musculoskeletal problem associated with diabetes mellitus. These include: Diabetic syndrome of limited joint mobility ...
Musculoskeletal disorders of the hand and shoulder in patients with diabetes mellitus. Am J Med 2002; 112:487. Chaudhuri KR, Davidson AR, Morris IM.
Methods - Results: We conducted a pilot study including 208 sequentially selected patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus regularly followed-up at the Diabetes Center of ...
List of 2 diabetes-related causes of Musculoskeletal disorder symptom from a list of 28 total causes of symptom Musculoskeletal disorder.
Diabetes - history of diabetes or family history of diabetes? Classifications of Musculoskeletal disorder: Medical Conditions associated with Musculoskeletal ...
Comment «Diabetic musculoskeletal disorder»