Integra Plus Generic Name: Ferrous Fumarate/Polysaccharide Iron Complex/Folic Acid/Vitamin B Complex/Vitamin C/Biotin
(FER-us FUE-ma-rate/PAHL-ee-SAAK-ah-ride EYE-urn/FOE-lik AS-id/VYE-ta-min B/VYE-ta-min C/BYE-oh-tin)Brand Name:
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Integra Plus is used for:
Treating anemia caused by low levels of iron or folate in the blood. It is also used as a stress vitamin. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Integra Plus is a vitamin, folic acid, and iron combination. It works by providing vitamins, folic acid, and iron to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Integra Plus if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Integra Plus
- you have high levels of iron in your blood (eg, hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis)
- you have hemolytic anemia or pernicious anemia
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Integra Plus :
Some medical conditions may interact with Integra Plus . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have any other type of anemia
- if you have stomach or bowel problems (eg, Crohn disease, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer), the blood disease porphyria, or other blood problems (eg, thalassemia)
- if you have a bleeding problem or have had multiple blood transfusions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Integra Plus . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fluorouracil because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Integra Plus
- Doxycycline, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), penicillamine, or thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Integra Plus
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Integra Plus may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Integra Plus :
Use Integra Plus as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Integra Plus by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Integra Plus .
- If you also take a bisphosphonate (eg, alendronate), a cephalosporin (eg, cefdinir), eltrombopag, methyldopa, penicillamine, a quinolone (eg, ciprofloxacin), or a tetracycline (eg, doxycycline), check with your doctor about how to take it with Integra Plus .
- If you miss a dose of Integra Plus , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Integra Plus .
Important safety information:
- Do not take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed by your doctor.
- Integra Plus has pyridoxine (vitamin B6), folic acid, and iron in it. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it has pyridoxine, folic acid, or iron in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Integra Plus has iron in it. Iron overdose is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. In case of an overdose, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Integra Plus may darken the stools. This is normal and not cause for concern.
- Integra Plus may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Integra Plus .
- Lab tests, including hematocrit, hemoglobin levels, and blood iron levels, may be performed while you use Integra Plus . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Integra Plus should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Integra Plus while you are pregnant. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Integra Plus , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Integra Plus :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; diarrhea; loss of appetite; nausea; vomiting.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; numbness or tingling of the skin; severe or persistent stomach pain or cramping.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include black, tarry, or bloody stools; blue or unusually pale skin; coma; drowsiness or dizziness; fast heartbeat; increased thirst or urination; loss of balance; seizures; severe or persistent nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; sluggishness; vomiting blood; weakness.Proper storage of Integra Plus :
Store Integra Plus at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Integra Plus out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Integra Plus , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Integra Plus is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Integra Plus . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Allbee-C 800 with Iron Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)