AnaMantle HC CreamGeneric Name: Lidocaine/Hydrocortisone
(LYE-doe-kane /hye-droe-KOR-ti-sone)Brand Name:
Examples include AnaMantle HC and Rectacreme HC
AnaMantle HC Cream is used for:
Treating pain, itching, soreness, and discomfort due to hemorrhoids.
AnaMantle HC Cream is an anti-inflammatory and topical anesthetic combination. It works by preventing nerves from transmitting painful impulses to the brain and decreasing inflammation around the affected area.
Do NOT use AnaMantle HC Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in AnaMantle HC Cream or to similar medications (eg, amide-type local anesthetics)
- you have a tuberculous or fungal infection of the skin, a herpes simplex skin infection, or a skin infection following smallpox vaccination
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using AnaMantle HC Cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with AnaMantle HC Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to any anesthetic medicine
- you have measles, chickenpox, a skin infection or other skin problems, or any recent vaccinations, or if you have ever had a positive tuberculin skin test
- you have heart, liver, or kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with AnaMantle HC Cream. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, or fluconazole because they may increase AnaMantle HC Cream's effectiveness
- Amiodarone, aprepitant, beta-blockers (eg, atenolol), cimetidine, clarithromycin, estrogens (eg, ethinyl estradiol), mexiletine, oral contraceptives (eg, ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone), or rifampin because side effects, such as sluggishness, confusion, slow breathing, low blood pressure, and slow heartbeat, may occur
- Live vaccines or ritodrine because the actions and side effects of these medicines may be increased
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or mifepristone because their effectiveness may be decreased by AnaMantle HC Cream
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if AnaMantle HC Cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use AnaMantle HC Cream:
Use AnaMantle HC Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Use AnaMantle HC Cream according to the directions on the package label or as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of AnaMantle HC Cream and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use AnaMantle HC Cream.
Important safety information:
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse.
- AnaMantle HC Cream has a corticosteroid in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a corticosteroid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take AnaMantle HC Cream before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- AnaMantle HC Cream may cause a numbing effect at the application site. Do not scratch, rub, or expose the area to extreme hot or cold temperature until the numbness is gone.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose, apply more often, or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Caution is advised when using AnaMantle HC Cream in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects. Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they use AnaMantle HC Cream.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if AnaMantle HC Cream can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using AnaMantle HC Cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if AnaMantle HC Cream is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use AnaMantle HC Cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of AnaMantle HC Cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Redness or swelling at the application site.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); persistent irritation or infection.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. AnaMantle HC Cream may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of AnaMantle HC Cream:
Store AnaMantle HC Cream at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Protect from freezing. Keep AnaMantle HC Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about AnaMantle HC Cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- AnaMantle HC Cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about AnaMantle HC Cream. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- AnaMantle HC Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Xyralid Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)